Happy Thursday, everyone! Summer is here and ohhhhh summertime in Outer Banks, North Carolina is unreal. If you’re planning a vacation to the OBX I wanted to share a few things I have done, since I’ve been lucky enough to live so close all my life. The items on this list are pretty “local” things to do. Of course there are other attractions that you can see or do. Be sure to tag your travel buddies!
- Visit a local produce stand. I know, I know, sounds so simple, right? But y’all, there’s nothing better than fresh fruits and veggies and getting them from a local makes them that much sweeter. There are tons on the way to the Outer Banks. Also, a lot of produce stands sell more than just fruits and veggies.
- Visit Jockey’s Ridge State Park. Jockey’s Ridge is one huge sand dune and watching the sun rise/set here is amazing.
- Go Parasailing. If you’ve never gone parasailing make this a top priority. It is so much fun…and a little scary if you don’t like heights.
- Eat at Barefoot Bernies. This is my all-time favorite restaurant. SO good.
- Visit the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. Everything about this lighthouse is beautiful.
- Rent a 4X4 vehicle and go to Carova Beach. Carova Beach is my favorite beach ever. You can drive on the beach and you can also see wild horses. So cool!
- Take the ferry to Ocracoke.
- Go fishing on Jennette’s Pier. This is a beautiful pier and you’ll probably see a wedding while you’re there. lol
- Charter a boat for off shore fishing.
- Go to The Spot. They have the BEST Acai Bowls.
I hope you guys enjoy!